Yield: 6 portions
Jumbo Lump Crab meat 1 lb.
(fresh or pasteurized)
Soybean oil 2 tablespoons
Fenugreek seeds ¼ teaspoon
Onions (finely minced) 2 medium size
Ginger (finely minced) ¼ teaspoon
Garlic (finely minced) ½ teaspoon
Curry Leaves (chopped finely) 10 nos.
Turmeric ½ teaspoon
Chili powder ¼ teaspoon
Salt ¼ teaspoon
Cilantro (chopped fine) 1 tablespoon
Tomatoes (small dices) 2 tablespoons
Lemon Juice ½ teaspoon
1. Clean crab for any shells without breaking the lumps.
2. Heat oil in a fry pan.
3. Temper with the fenugreek seeds and add the onions before the seeds turn dark brown.
4. Sauté till onions turn translucent, then add the garlic, ginger and curry leaf.
5. Continue to sauté over low heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle little water if too dry.
6. Add the turmeric, chili powder and salt, cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
7. Add the crab meat and gently toss till spices and masala coats the pieces, taking care
not to break the pieces too much.
8. Add tomatoes, cilantro and lemon juice. Add 1 tablespoon water and toss gently to mix well and serve.